Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 23: Saturday Study Prep and Shopping

Saturday was the first day of the entire trip that we did not have to get up early for work or early for travel to another city to visit.   I was very excited about finally sleeping in a little but then we (i.e. Andrew) decided that we needed to be at the medina for shopping early.    I say this jokingly but he was right.  We each had a list of the gifts that we had not yet purchased and wanted to make sure that we got the last of these items this weekend since it is our last weekend.

We wanted to get our shopping done early since we had most of Saturday blocked off to work on our final deliverables.   I didn't take any pictures of the 6-7 hours that we spent working in our 'hotel restaurant office' (be grateful ~smile) but I hope you enjoy the pictures below of our last shopping expedition.

We also had a team dinner at a very nice French restaurant that Andrew, Rahul, and I had eaten at lunch earlier with Nabil Bassou from the IBM Morocco office.   On a site note, many of our group (including myself) have been dealing with one form or another of stomach bugs.   I battled one most of this weekend but the French dinner was still very delicious.   As much as I have enjoyed Moroccan food, I think my stomach is ready to get home.  :-)


Heading our early Saturday to walk to the Medina for shopping.

Walking by the kasbah on the water on the way to the Medina.

Re-visiting our favorite hat vendor to buy some Fez hats.   I got a note over the weekend from my husband Paul who was visiting Port Aransad to visit our friends Paul and Shirlee.  They had watched Casablanca in my honor and asked about Fez hats.  Paul Page .... I have a 'surprise' for you when I get back.  :-)

Tracey modeling a Fez hat.
We had an interesting bargaining exercise to get to our final price.   We would write one number, he would write another, and this went on for some time.

Karen, Mihoko, and Austin trying to find a good place for lunch in our Morocco guide book.

Tracey buying a few more pair of shoes.

Andrew did some serious shopping.   No rest for the shopping weary.  :-)

Last view of the Rabat market.   It wasn't crowded since we got their early.

French restaurant that we visited.

Working to decipher the menu in French.
Karen about to enjoy her crepe suzette for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment